Sunday 18 July 2010

Snap...



As the end of my triathlon career rapidly approaches, and along with it my life on a road bike, there are regular 'this is my last one of these' moments... I've always wanted to do a 100 mile time trial and woke up at 4am this morning ready to really go for it in my my last ever official TT and my first ever over a century...

Going into the race off the back of a few easy days I was confident of going well and had planned a ten mile Ironman paced run straight off the back of it as my final big session... a great opportunity to practice my race nutrition strategy... just three and a half miles after the start my chain snapped and with it the chance to exit my cycling time trials 'career' on a high. Frustrating isn't the word really but there you go...

For the rest of the day I joined H and turned spectator / support crew for our mate Ady, who paced a perfect one hundred miles to come in just under four hours and 25 minutes. At 4:56 pace for 112 miles it was a great sign for his assault on the Outlaw both in terms of pacing a long ride and also having the strength to finish a five hour ride stronger than it was started :)

I'm off to bed...

T

1 comment:

Jevon said...

Too much power going through that chain mate...
:)